In addition to the daily services, since 2002 other services including Museum Services and Activities are available, which in turn include various packages of activities aimed at different groups of the museum's public, mostly dedicated to the world of education and training. Museum for the School, which has been operational now for six years, offers ten different educational activities involving the different phases of education, from pre-school to University level. There are activities for every day of the academic year.Teachers can participate, free of charge, in Teachers window, including during the summer; other initiatives free of charge are presented annually, directed to the entire community.
The Museum Director and specialists from different disciplines on prehistoric eras have formed a small teaching research laboratory, assisting and guiding the leaders of the museum school in the preparation and delivery of educational activities.
1. MUSEUM FOR THE SCHOOL, is a study package offering 11 different activities, specially prepared for the different levels and courses of studies. Period: School year.
2. TEACHERS WINDOW, consultancy, information and Museum-related scientific news, refresher courses, thematic bibliographies, personalized information on Museum events and initiatives and free admission to exhibitions. You can join directly at the ticket office. Schedule: weekly, Monday and Thursday afternoons.
3. MUSEUM THROUGH GAMES, summer hands-on laboratories for children teaching artistic and handcraft techniques from the Pre-Historic era, with different annual themes. Weekly modules: 5 weeks for a total of 12 hours. Period: June-July.
4. SCIENTIFIC CULTURE WEEK, one entire week dedicated to conferences, debates, study seminars, teaching courses, documentaries, excursions, shows and materials on scientific themes, sponsored annually by the Ministry of Universities and Research. The Week is organized into various sessions:
5. GEO-NATURALISTIC AND PREHISTORIC ITINERARY OF THE TERRITORY, for groups from 10 to 50 people. Recommended period: March-May, September-November.
6. SPECIALIST LIBRARY with over 3000 scientific journals and volumes. In 1999 the Library was organized into 4 main sections: Geology, Palaeontology, Palet-ethnology, Museology and Museum Learning. Schedule: Weekly, Monday and Friday Afternoon.
For more information and reservations on individual services: Education Secretary, +39 0836 485820, firstname.lastname@example.org